Saturday, August 29, 2009

The role of research in theological colleges

I believe that in any tertiary educational institution there are significant benefits to faculty being involved in publishing original research, even in institutions whose primary mission is the undergraduate education. I would have thought that many people would have thought and written about this with regard to seminaries and theological colleges. But I have not been able to find anything. I would greatly appreciate anyone posting or sending me any articles on this topic, since i am currently writing something. I believe that such research helps to:
  • to maintain the intellectual vitality of teaching staff,
  • to keep teaching and supervision of research postgraduate students up to date
  • to raise college profiles and increase the ability to recruit the highest quality students and staff
  • to contribute to the international community of scholars and theological educators
  • to reduce isolationism and force faculty to engage with thinkers beyond their own denomination

No comments:

Post a Comment