Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Who will I vote for?

In less than two weeks Australia has a Federal Election. I have to confess that I usually decide who to vote for at the last minute. From a Christian point of view I always find something to strongly disagree with most parties and candidates. There has been some good discussion on Christian blogs about this election. This excellent post by Nathan Campbell links to relevant ones. [I particularly liked Simone Richardson's one about Christian values]. He also has a good post on why he is not voting for Family First, despite being a Christian.
To US readers this really highlights some significant cultural differences with Australia.

1 comment:

  1. I can't, in good conscience, vote for either major party this time round (I also can't afford the train ticket to Berlin, so I won't). Ordinarily I would say the same of the Green's, but Dr George Takacs, a brilliant lecturer at UOW is running in my local area. How 'bout that?!
    And here's a story:
    http://illawarra.nsw.greens.org.au/
    Perhaps more Aussie physicists should think of taking up politics - Ross?

    ReplyDelete