Tuesday, October 19, 2010

God's Kingdom cannot be reduced to an equation

My family has been having some lively discussions about how we should interpret circumstantial events, particularly when they follow us praying about them. This morning I changed my mind about the views I was expressing. Many of us, including myself, would like to be able to have well-defined criteria that allows us to say how and when and why God acts in a particular situation. But, I am challenged by reading Jesus parable of the labourers in the vineyard.
"For the kingdom of heaven is like a master of a house...  'I choose to give to this last worker as I give to you. Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or do you begrudge my generosity?' So the last will be first, and first last.
One thing we can be sure of is that the God of the Bible, the Father of Jesus Christ, is always more generous than we expect and than we can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment